Are you looking to….
- Give back to the University and share your passion for UMD with trustees, donors, and alumni?
- Strengthen your interpersonal and professional skills?
- Enhance your campus involvement?
- Strengthen networks with valuable contacts and learn from successful business people?
- Develop valuable leadership experience for your resume?
JOIN UMCPF AMBASSADORS!
The University of Maryland College Park Foundation Ambassadors are looking for students to serve in this elite organization. (For more information about the UMCPF, go to http://umcpf.org/)
By networking with trustees, Ambassadors will strengthen the connection between these closest friends of the University and our students.
- hosting Trustees on campus and at board meetings, and providing support at campus events that involve university trustees and donors
- completing a minimum of 20 service hours each semester, mainly by attending trustee meetings, signing personalized thank-you notes and attending monthly ambassador meetings.
- full-time undergraduates in their second year or above with at least one year at Maryland, or graduate students with at least one year at Maryland
- preference for students with significant campus involvement and passion for the University
- strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team, and a commitment to professionalism
- good academic and disciplinary standing
- a completed application and three references (one must be professional but the other two may be academic or personal). Letters of recommendation are optional
- a minimum 3.0 GPA
- commitment to serve at least one academic year
APPLICATION CRITICAL DATES:
The application is due . If you are selected as a finalist, you will be contacted for an interview by .
Interviews for finalists for next year’s Ambassadors will be heldAdditionally, Ambassadors must be able to attend the spring board meeting here on campus and .
Follow this link to apply: https://go.umd.edu/AmbassadorA