Office Assistant and Communications Support Intern, Summer 2017
Position Type: On-Campus, Part-Time or Full-Time
The Office of the Vice President for Administration and Finance seeks an energetic, highly motivated, and detail-oriented student to assist with administrative tasks and other projects as assigned. Must be available to work between 20 - 40 hours/week. This is a paid position.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
-Answering phones, greeting guests, processing mail, and other clerical duties as needed.
-Assisting with communications projects, including, but not limited to:
-Drafting documents, electronic newsletters, and other communications materials
-Assisting with logistics for meetings and special events
-Designing posters, flyers, and other outreach materials
-Supporting ongoing website projects for the Division (updating websites via Drupal CMS, writing and editing website content, conducting research on website development and design, etc.)
-Assisting with special projects related to data management, employee engagement initiatives, and more.
Must be a current University of Maryland graduate or undergraduate student with at least sophomore standing. A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is recommended. All applicants with the requisite skills will be considered, but students with an area of study related to communications, journalism, marketing, business administration, or graphic design are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn in a professional setting
- Ability to maintain a consistent and reliable schedule
- Discretion, and an understanding of the confidentially associated with a Vice President’s office
- Basic photography skills
- Knowledge or experience with website and/or database management
- Experience with online research
- Familiarity with MailChimp, Drupal, InDesign and Photoshop a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to:
Tacy Lambiase, Coordinator
Division of Administration and Finance
University of Maryland
2119 Main Administration Building
College Park, MD 20742
Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 14, 2017.
Interviews may be scheduled prior to this date if a sufficient number of applications are received in advance.