The FDA Office of Women’s Health (OWH) is accepting applications for a one-year ORISE fellowship beginning May 2017.
FDA OWH Mission:
- Protect and advance the health of women through policy, science, and outreach
- Advocate for inclusion of women in clinical trials and analysis of sex/gender effects
- Increase scientific knowledge through advanced professional training/education in subpopulation analysis
ORISE Fellows within the OWH Scientific Engagement and Medical Initiatives will be engaged in the following professional activities:
OWH does the following activities:
- Monitors progress of women's health initiatives
- Development of Quarterly Scientific Impact Series
- Professional Training and Educational Program
- Data analysis and authoring scientific poster, manuscript and other scholarship dissemination methods
- Research Impact and Outcomes Analysis
- Engagement across federal agencies as related to sex and gender-specific women’s health
- Participation in synergistic activities across FDA, federal landscape and external stakeholders
You can obtain additional information from:
MS/MPH/MEHP degree in biological sciences or equivalent field with strong data interpretation skills and the ability to translate findings via written health communication. Experience with development of in-person and/or distance learning programs for health professionals is considered strongly additive.
This ORISE Fellowship position works directly with:
Marjorie R. Jenkins, M.D., M.Ed.H.P., F.A.C.P.
Director, Medical Initiatives and Scientific Engagement
Please send questions and/or resume by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org