About the Program
For over 20 years, the National Student Leadership Conference has invited a select group of outstanding high school students to participate in its fast-paced, high-level, interactive summer sessions. Sponsored by the National Student Leadership Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, nonpartisan, education organization, the NSLC provides students with the opportunity to experience life on a college campus; develop essential leadership skills; and explore a future career through exciting simulations, exclusive site visits and interactive meetings with renowned leaders in their chosen field.
Role of the Site Assistant
Site Assistants are responsible for completing the daily tasks of the NSLC on-site office. SAs will interact with students in an office setting, but will not be directly responsible for teaching program material. SAs generally work the entire summer, from set-up to break-down of the site.
As an SA, you will:
• Work with the Office Manager to complete all daily administrative tasks in the on-site office.
• Prepare for and facilitate program arrival and departure days.
• Assist the program staff with setting up program activities.
• Assist with Site Set-up at the beginning of the summer and Site Break-down at the end of the summer.
• Serve as a liaison between the NSLC on-site office and the NSLC EnrollmentOffice.
• Serve as a liaison between the NSLC on-site office and the University or ConferenceCenter.
• Serve for the betterment of the NSLC students and staff.
Requirements for Employment
• Must be a current college student or recent graduate.
• Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) proficiency isrequired.
• Must be a self-starter, flexible and willing to work long hours.
• Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License and be comfortable with driving in majorcities.
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks such as moving and deliveringmaterials.
Preferred for Employment
• Applicants should be familiar with the NSLC.
• Office/secretarial work or customer service experience.
• Experience working with youth programs or summer camps.
• Familiarity or experience with audio/visual equipment (LCD projector, microphones, speaker systems).
• Comfortable with administering first aid or assistance to students.
Dates, Location & Compensation
The NSLC runs conferences at several major universities and will be seeking Site Assistants for each office. Dates will vary depending on the site for which you apply. Site assistants will be paid a stipend at the end of each session. NSLC pays for room & board, as well as transportation to and from the conference.
How to Apply
1. Go to http://www.nslcleaders.org/about-summer-youth-programs/job-opportunities/
2. Click on “Summer 2017 Job Application”
3. The position is listed as “Site Assistant-Office.” You can apply for multiple sites from the same application. Make sure to check the start and end dates for each site as they do differ.
National Student Leadership Conference
320 W. Ohio St, Suite 4W
Chicago, IL 60654
Phone: (800) 994-6752 www.nslcleaders.org Fax: (312) 765-0081