The Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics (AREC) and the Ag Law Education Initiative (ALEI) seek an undergraduate student in journalism or communications to assist us in promoting our work by writing stories for our website and newsletter and assisting in promoting work on social media during the fall semester.
Start date: Flexible
Structure: 10 to 15 hours per week, M – F schedule can be flexible.
Are you a journalism or communications graduate student interested in using your skills to support a vibrant and innovative University of Maryland department and program?
AREC (arec.umd.edu) and ALEI (umaglaw.edu) are recruiting an intern to write news stories/multimedia stories for both websites and ALEI’s quarterly newsletter. This paid position is a great opportunity to produce external communications and develop real world experience with two dynamic University of Maryland programs.
- Gather story ideas and write/produce news stories
- Work with staff to generate copy for our website, including program descriptions, faculty profiles, and news updates.
- Work with ALEI team members to produce external communications, including our quarterly newsletter and press releases.
- Work with ALEI team members to highlight materials and accomplishments on social media.
- Fact check, proofread, format, and edit as necessary.
- Performs related duties as required
- University of Maryland undergraduate student, preferably in Journalism or Communications.
- Previous news writing experience preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starter who can take direction and contribute ideas.
Please send a resume and writing sample to Paul Goeringer (email@example.com)