The Department of Women’s Studies is sponsoring an AAUW Salary Negotiation Workshop, . Developed by the American Association of University Women, the Start Smart workshop educates about the gender gap in pay while equipping college women and men to face the job market with the confidence, knowledge, and skills they need to negotiate better salaries and benefits.
Why sign up? According to research, only 25 percent of students report feeling confident that they can successfully negotiate a good salary and benefits package. This is especially significant for women negotiating their first salary. After attending a Start Smart workshop, a majority of participants report feeling more confident about in their negotiating ability.
Attendees will gain valuable salary negotiation skills by learning:
· how the gender wage gap affects their lives
· how to develop a personal budget to determine salary needs
· how to benchmark salary and benefits
· how to negotiate for a salary--especially their first salary out of college
Registration is required.
Seating is limited, so sign up today!
– Sign in, pre-assessment, refreshments
– Salary Negotiation Workshop
– Post-workshop assessment
FREE and open to any University of Maryland student. Registration required.
To register, go to http://ter.ps/salaryapr25. Your place in the workshop will be confirmed by email.