Terps Mentoring is a one-on-one mentoring program that pairs at-risk high school students with University of Maryland students. The goal of Terps Mentoring is to foster mentoring relationships between these students in order to encourage the participating high school students’ academic pursuit for secondary education. This fall, Terps Mentoring will be launching its first official program. For the 2014 - 2015 school year, Terps Mentoring has partnered with Eleanor Roosevelt High School located in Greenbelt, MD to work with a group of 30-50 ninth graders. There will be two on-campus mentoring sessions per month, which will include tutoring, professional and personal development workshops, mentor-mentee activities, field trips, and community service.
When Do We Meet?
Every Other Friday 3:30-6:30 pm Beginning in November
Terps Mentoring Sessions include:
- Personal and Professional Development Workshops
- Community Service
- Field Trips
- More fun activities!
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Complete Mentor Application (DUE ON OCTOBER 5th)
- Complete a Brief Interview with Terps Mentoring Officer
- Complete a Background Check (funded and organized by Terps Mentoring)
- Must Attend One Training Prior to the First Mentoring Session
- Must Attend ALL Mentoring Sessions
Interested in Applying?
Email email@example.com and We’ll Send You Application Materials!
We Hope You Choose to Join Terps Mentoring!