The Summer Leadership Series features two workshops led by a nationally recognized speaker, author, or expert in leadership development. Each facilitator brings a wealth of professional knowledge gained from working with groups ranging from colleges to nonprofits to companies. These events provide a unique opportunity to learn valuable and transferable leadership skills that aid personal and professional development. Both events are FREE! Registration includes meals and materials. To register visitgo.umd.edu/summerleadershipseries.
This year, the Summer Leadership Series will present the following events:
- LeaderShape Catalyst - Saturday, June 18th from 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Leading without Limits - Saturday, July 9th from 9:30am to 4:30pm
Through participating in the Summer Leadership Series, students:
- Gain leadership skills that can be applied and transferred to the the academic, community, and career settings.
- Learn from a nationally recognized leadership development professional with experience ranging from universities to non-profits to start-ups.
- Develop strategies to become more self-aware, productive group member, and better leader.
- Be eligible for a post program “Lunch & Lead” series and a complimentary Maryland LEAD t-shirt
Participate in one or both workshops. Any person that completes both is eligible to receive a certificate of completion, personalized following-up opportunities, and a complementary Maryland LEAD shirt. Space is limited. For best consideration, register by June 14th at go.umd.edu/summerleadershipseries.
Descriptions of each workshop can be found at the Summer Leadership Series website. are included below--check back as we add more workshops throughout the summer!