Position: Undergraduate Internship (unpaid, for credit) – Fall 2014
Title: Research Assistant
Duties: The intern’s primary responsibilities will be to assist in the development and maintenance of the Maryland Community Services Locator website (www.mdcsl.org). Specific duties include:
- Verify the accuracy of program listings in the database using online sources and telephone surveys
- Telephone surveys with community service providers to collect information on services provided
- Data entry (using Excel) for responses from provider surveys
- Assist in augmenting the comprehensiveness of the existing database through database comparisons, resource inventories, etc.
- Outreach to community providers to promote awareness of the MDCSL in Maryland
- Field work with community providers to promote awareness and use of the website
- Assist with dissemination of materials to providers
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: This candidate must have advanced organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Additionally, he/she should be comfortable making telephone and in-person contacts with community providers. Preferred skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Experience working with community organizations and/or social service/health/criminal justice providers.
Hours: 10 hours/week minimum.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship open to undergraduate students only and may be used to earn BSOS, HLTH, or CRIM internship credit (3 credits).
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcript and writing sample to:
Center for Substance Abuse Research (CESAR)
University of Maryland, College Park
4321 Hartwick Rd, Ste 501
College Park, MD 20740
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.